[Samba] Samba4 DC with Secondary Questions

Nowell Morris nowell29 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 22:47:31 UTC 2017

Rowland,  thank you for the reply.

I must have misstated.  We have successfully setup our first DC.  It works
great with DHCP and BIND9_DLZ and updates nicely as it is designed to,
kerberos and all.

The question is about the second server.  Perhaps MY understanding of what
I have read on the samba wiki, and others, is different than actual
reality.  http://bit.ly/2r3IOjt   ;)

Perhaps if I show you the information I have gathered it will help you
understand what I am asking.

I have written this couple wiki pages to help me keep track.  I have gone
through the steps and ironed out most of the bugs.  I CAN follow these
steps repeatedly to have functioning DC's functioning Kerberos, and
functioning DNS.  I am just not sure that I have done as best-practice.
The 'second' server is also up, but I am not sure it is as it ought to be.

Please be gentle in your review :)
http://wiki.nowell29.com/w/index.php/Samba_Setup

I am confident on what I am calling my 'Primary', but not as confident on
what I call my 'secondary'.

--
Nowell Morris
nowell29 at gmail.com