[Samba] smbpasswd against DC with different netbios name

Felipe_G0NZÁLEZ_SANTIAG0 fgonzalez at uci.cu
Wed Jun 7 14:29:26 UTC 2017

I have an Active Directory w2k12r2, and I'm trying to change domain user passwords with smbpasswd from, Linux clients, but I get "Failed to change password" error. I guess the problem arise because I promoted my AD with a different netbios name, I mean: my domain is xet.test.cu and my netbios name is INET (instead XET, by default)
I've promoted another AD with netbios name XET (settled by default), and smbpasswd works well. BUT in my server with a different netbios name (INET) works this: smbpasswd -r <ip_domain_controller> -U user1, but do not works with domain name: smbpasswd -r xet.test.cu -U user1

Any idea? Could this be a bug?

Ing. Felipe_ González_Santiago

La @universidad_uci es Fidel. Los jóvenes no fallaremos.
#HastaSiempreComandante