[Samba] failed to call wbcGetpwnam/wbcGetgrnam/wbcGetpwsid WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Jun 7 15:01:03 UTC 2017

He did not test :
getent passwd username
result ?

He did test :
getent passwd
result ok

He could test with :
wbinfo --own-domain
Results:
NTDOM

And this should show:
wbinfo --all-domains
Results:
BUILDIN
HOSTNAME
NTDOM

Im guessing, the last one wil fail.
Things to check.
samba idmap setup.
nsswitch.conf
idmap.conf
pam setup.

So best option lookt to me upgrade to 4.6.5 and run samba-tool testparm.
That show config errors in idmap.

That all i can think off, i dont know arch linux that well also.

Greetz,

Louis

Yes, i had a good holiday, thanks. Bit low on sleep but that worked out..

> The OP is using Arch Linux, not sure if using a rolling
> release is a good idea for a server. Until yesterday he
> hadn't mentioned that it wasn't a new install, but something
> that had been running for sometime.
>
> In his first post, he posted a list of commands he had tried,
> most returned the expected results ('getent passwd username'
> was amongst them) but there was these that failed:
>
> # wbinfo -i "testuser"
> failed to call wbcGetpwnam: WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND Could
> not get info for user testuser
>
> # wbinfo -i "SMC\testuser"
> failed to call wbcGetpwnam: WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND Could
> not get info for user SMC\testuser
>
> # wbinfo -n testuser
> S-1-5-21-1989633265-3966479559-1628277992-3078
>
> # wbinfo --user-sidinfo S-1-5-21-1989633265-3966479559-1628277992-3078
> failed to call wbcGetpwsid: WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND Could
> not get info for user sid S-1-5-21-1989633265-
> 3966479559-1628277992-3078
>
> All of his commands worked for me, so I supplied him with my
> notes made when installing Samba on Devuan, he replied that
> didn't help and he was still having problems. I replied that
> I would set up Arch Linux in A VM and install a DC.
>
> This I did, with some difficulty, mainly because Arch is very
> different from Devuan and then ran his tests. All of them worked.
> I then supplied him with my results etc, just to get abuse
> back, you just cannot help some people.
Yes, correct but for you.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Samba/Active_Directory_domain_controller
A basic but pretty good setup for arch. ;-) so next time it wont take long.