[Samba] unable to upload printer driver

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Jun 7 14:51:19 UTC 2017

Your welkom.

> This one works fine and is newer than the one we currently
> use (vers 2.6). Version 2.6 also works with an new 5026cdn
> printer we bought an month ago, so i did not yet had an urge
> to update.
>
> Tested the recommendation from the docs  you posted.
> https://serverfault.com/questions/573411/why-cant-i-upload-dri
> vers-to-my-samba-print-server
>
> Changing
>
> |[Manufacturer]
> Kyocera=Kyocera,NTx86.5.1,NTx86.6.0,NTamd64.5.1,NTamd64.6.0`|
>
> |to|
> |[Manufacturer] |
> |Kyocera=Kyocera,NTx86,NTamd64`|
>
> and removing the *.5.1 sections and removing .6.0 from *.6.0 section
> names also works with 3.1 drivers.
> Result is the same as if i remove the  PrinterPackageInstallation
> sections. Drivers install but are not signed.
Yes, that correct that will allways happen if you modify the drivers.

> I use an script to add and remove printers during logon.
As which user? Administrator? Computer$ or the user currently loggin in.

> Users are allowed to install (signed) printer drivers via an GPO. If i
> update an driver (signed) on an server i have to delete and read the
> printer to trigger an driver update, do you get the same behaviour?
This is i think due to the "initial " driver installation and user who did that install.
And yes, i've seen that also, but phoe.. About a year ago when i installed the new ones.
If i reall good, my users messaged me that they could not print, right cliking on the printer showed "update driver"
If they cliked that, the driver was installed, it was somethink like that.

I have to review the printer setup, lots has changed after that due to samba updates and CVE updates on windows etc.
But first the new packages...

Greetz,

Louis