[Samba] Share USB pendrive in ADSL router

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jun 6 20:14:16 UTC 2017

On Tue, 06 Jun 2017 21:00:25 +0100
Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks.  I gave the latter command as root, but it asks for a
> password: it isn't the root's password, neither my normal user
> password and neither router's web GUI password.  So I don't know what
> it may ever be:
>
> # mount.cifs //192.168.1.1/USB_Storage /mnt/public
> Password for root@//192.168.1.1/USB_Storage:
> mount error(115): Operation now in progress
> Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

Do not enter ANY password, just press 'Enter' when prompted for a
password. You are mounting the share as a 'guest' user

This is with my router:

rowland at devstation:~$ sudo mount.cifs //192.168.0.1/USB1 /mnt/cifs
Password for root@//192.168.0.1/USB1: <-- I just pressed 'Enter'
rowland at devstation:~$ ls /mnt/cifs
home  PVR  RunSanDiskSecureAccess_Win.exe  SanDiskSecureAccess

Rowland