[Samba] failed to call wbcGetpwnam/wbcGetgrnam/wbcGetpwsid WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Sat Jun 3 22:03:48 UTC 2017

> Op 3 jun. 2017 om 23:07 heeft Rowland Penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> het volgende geschreven:
>
> On Sat, 3 Jun 2017 21:49:15 +0100
> Alex Matthews via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
>> I feel you have missed the point of my original post, or maybe I
>> wasn't clear enough. This is not a freshly provisioned install, this
>> is an install that has been in use for some 12-18 months.
>>

> Nowhere, until now, did you mention this.
>
> So, what you are saying is, your Samba AD DC suddenly started giving
> you problems. What, if anything, changed ?
>
> Have you checked the AD database with 'samba-tool dbcheck' ?
>
> Have you updated any packages etc ?
>
> Rowland
>
> --

in this complete post i miss
getent passwd username
id username.
and resolv.conf
and upgrade from which version?
did you check the change logs as of your old version up to this version? 4.5.8 isnt 12-18 months old.
arch wiki supplies an excelent howto and check list on samba dc setups, i can not check it, (still on holiday).

i suggest upgrade to at least 4.5.10 but i do also suggest wait untill 4.6.5 and use that one.
why? lots of winbind fixes, my guess is you hit a bug but as said im limit on checking things out.

and can you explain what the problem exact is, beside the error your getting, so what is not working, exept the 'local' wbinfo checks.

ill bet Rowland knows whats goingon if you answer my questions.

greetz for sunny Sicilie.

Louis