[Samba] Cannot change passwords on Active Directory Samba from clients

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Sat Jun 3 07:10:37 UTC 2017

Hi Luke,

Am 03.06.2017 um 01:01 schrieb Luke Barone via samba:
> We have disabled all the password policies in Group Policy Management
> Console, as well as using samba-tool domain passwordsettings to disable any
> restrictions, such as minimum password age, and password complexity.

This is a local setting on each DC. Have you set it on all of your Samba
DCs?

For Windows DCs this setting is managed using GPOs and each DC applies
this setting. However, Samba is currently not able to process GPOs. For
this reason this feature was implemented in samba-tool, but needs to be
set on each DC.

Does setting a password works if it matches the rules:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc786468(v=ws.10).aspx
For example, you should be able to set "Passw0rd" for a user if
complexity is enabled.

Regards,
Marc