[Samba] Cache auth credentials on Samba domain member

Gionatan Danti g.danti at assyoma.it
Thu Jun 1 05:55:24 UTC 2017

Il 18-09-2015 01:50 Jeremy Allison ha scritto:

> Currently a Samba member server must contact the DC
> for authentication even if a krb5-PAC is presented.
>
> This is a bug, and one I'm working on fixing (it
> is a regression from earlier behavior).

Hi all,
sorry for resurrecting this very old thread, but I would like to know if
the situation improved over time.

In short, can a remote samba+winbind server cache authentication when
connectivity with the main domain controller goes down?

In past replies the list told me that, due to a bug, this was not
working on winbind 3.6.x.
As a note, being an enterprise distribution (CentOS 6), I have no
out-of-the-box access to samba/windbind 4.x release.

Thanks.

--
Danti Gionatan
Supporto Tecnico