[Samba] Incompatibility Windows 7

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Fri Jul 28 18:57:40 UTC 2017

There have been a rash of NT4 threads lately on this list, so I will try
to resurrect my problem once more and hope that someone is looking.

I believe that there has to be more to it than the parameters listed
below, because I've tried those parameters, the max/min protocol
parameter options, and every other incantation postulated on this list.
Regardless of what I've tried, member servers above 4.2.x absolutely
will not allow access to shares with the stated fixes. [Please note that
this problem started pre-badlock patches, immediately after upgrading to
4.3.x.]

For me, (1) an NT4 PDC (ver. 4.6.5) with a share, allows access from
linux and Windows 7 clients; however, (2) shares on 4.6.5 member servers
are inaccessible (NT_STATUS_NO_LOGON_SERVERS error).  (3) Shares on
member servers running 4.2.x are accessible from linux and Win7.

Is there anyone at all who is willing to share their 'working' NT4
global config?  I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks,
Dale