[Samba] [SOLVED] Can't join Win10 to Samba 3.6,23

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Jul 28 07:36:34 UTC 2017

That solution can be found also :
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Required_Settings_for_Samba_NT4_Domains#Windows_10:_There_Are_Currently_No_Logon_Servers_Available_to_Service_the_Logon_Request

@Marc
Maybe is good to add the slow network fix also on the wiki page (above)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System]
"SlowLinkDetectEnabled"=dword:00000000
"WaitForNetwork"=dword:00000000

Samba 4 AD DC setup's are also adviced to to set this through GPO.
Some extra info on this, if this is already setup and you still get the "No logon Servers Available"
There are known problems with some realtek drivers and intel drivers, upgrade these first.

> @Marc:
>
> I mean the first one: migrate from NT4-Style to AD, Samba4
> powered of course.
>
> I believe to understand it will be a great problem... Is
> there a step-by-step guide on Wiki?

Yes, you can find it here.
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Migrating_a_Samba_NT4_Domain_to_Samba_AD_(Classic_Upgrade)

> Thanks again
>
> G.

And thank for reporting back, most welkom and very appriciated.

Greetz,

Louis