[Samba] Can't join Win10 to Samba 3.6,23

Info Cambria info at cambria.it
Thu Jul 27 13:10:32 UTC 2017

Hi folk,

at work I live into a NT-Style domain powered by samba 3.6.23. I am the
admin but not the deployer: I am the ICT manager from July 3th only...

The upgrade to samba 4 is planned for 1Q18.

Here is my problem: I have to join some new PCs running Windows 10 to
our domain. According to "Required setting for Samba NT4 domains" page
on wiki, I perform the step described on the section "Joining windows 7
and later etc etc".

After reboot I continue to be not able to join domain and Windows return
this error: "Unable to contact an Active Directory domain controller for
the domain "MIODOMINIO"" (this is translated from italian by me, I am
not sure it is the original english message).

On LDAP I created an entry for each of the new PCs

On windows side, settings for TCP/IP v4 are:

DNS server address is set to server running samba (that resolves
correctly the names, intranet and Internet ones)

WINS server address is set to server running samba; on linux runs nmbd,
of course.

NetBIOS setting is set on "enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP".

Where I am wrong?

Thanks for any suggest

Giovanni