[Samba] samba 4.5.10 and old clients with NTLMv1

Ph Lachaud hpenhp at yahoo.fr
Thu Jul 27 10:37:33 UTC 2017

Hello Stefan,
had the same problem here, as you said adding "ntlm auth = yes" solved it, so yes it will work with this added to the global conf.
The problem comes from this option being set to "no" by default with the new versions.
Don't know about setting this specific parameter for a share only, interested in the answer.
Regards.