[Samba] samba 4.5.10 and old clients with NTLMv1

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Thu Jul 27 09:18:10 UTC 2017

At a customer they still have some old VMs around that run Windows XP.

Yes, I already provided them with newer VMs ... but the users still
need/want the old machines as well.

Now the batch file with the "net use" statements fail, as far as I have
researched because of the weak and outdated NTLMv1:

[2017/07/27 11:11:08.538343,  2]
../libcli/auth/ntlm_check.c:424(ntlm_password_check)
  ntlm_password_check: NTLMv1 passwords NOT PERMITTED for user vmuser1

I assume I can enable that via the parameter "ntlm auth = yes"?
Currently it is "no", sure.

It's a global parameter, according to the man page, is there a way to
only enable NTLMv1 for this specific share?

thanks, regards, Stefan