[Samba] DNS Log level - patch

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Wed Jul 26 06:19:06 UTC 2017

Hi,

Am 26.07.2017 um 07:01 schrieb Andrew Bartlett via samba:
>> I couldn't find a setting for DNS log level, so I went with:
>>
>>   log level = 0 passdb:2 auth:2 winbind:2 locking:2
>>
>> My log is still getting filled with "Not authoritative for...."
>> messages.
>>
> Sadly the source4 code used for most of the AD DC doesn't have the
> debug classes implemented.

It is already implemented for what John wants to do. Set:

   log level = 0 passdb:2 auth:2 winbind:2 locking:2 dns:1

and the "Not authoritative for" messages are gone (verified on 4.6.5).

The "dns" debug class already existed in 4.6, but wasn't listed in the
man page. However, it is in the 4.7 smb.conf man page.

> Patches are welcome, there isn't any technical reason why
> they can't, and likewise debug levels can be corrected,
> this should be about a 5 or more, it is normal traffic.

Find attached a patch that changes the log level for this entry to 5.
Please review and push. Thanks.

Regards,
Marc