[Samba] Access to sharing by hostname but not by its IP

Marc-Henri Pamiseux marc-henri.pamiseux at libricks.org
Tue Jul 25 07:22:12 UTC 2017

Hi Rowland,

Thank you for your answer.

I posted on the Samba list because the ID using //RHEA works but not
with //192.168.1.2. So, it seemed to me that my problem was related to
Samba. Your remark questions me.
After reflection, if //RHEA did not work, it would be a problem related
to Samba. As soon as I query the IP address this is no longer the case.
Yet there is still the SMB protocol in this exchange?
The logs testify to me.
Is there a diagram explaining how the identification process works?
Thanks you again :)
--
Marc-Henri Pamiseux - SARL Libricks - www.libricks.fr
6 rue LĂ©onard de Vinci - CS 20119, 53001 LAVAL Cedex