[Samba] Manage Central Store to include Windows 10 and 7 admx files

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Jul 25 06:22:33 UTC 2017

Hai James,

Yes, i run a mix of win32/64 and win10 32/64.
And yes, overwriting all the existing files in sysvol does the trick but dont run 'samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset'
Just check if everything works first. If you run sysvolreset, you get an incorrect ACL and some GPO things may stop working then.

> I had also planned to use a Win 7 client to administer Win 7
> machines and a Win 10 client to administer Win 10 machines.
> Using RSAT on both.
> Aside from backing up my sysvol folder, am I missing anything
> before I proceed? Thanks.

You can use the Win 7 for managing the win10 policies also and that works fine.
I havent had problems with that, and big +, is the win 7 with RSAT still has the "unix" tab in the users settings.

Greetz,

Louis