[Samba] Rebuid the Corrupt default Group Policy

Anantha Raghava raghav at exzatechconsulting.com
Fri Jul 21 03:57:50 UTC 2017

Hello Chris,

Good Morning..

Apologies for delay in replying this mail. I was on leave for a while.

To restore, all that we did was to create a separate Domain Controller
in which default policies were created. We noted their ownership and
then copied them to our primary domain controller. Then we changed the
ownership of policy objects to 3000008:3000008 manually using chown.

When we accessed these policies using Windows RSAT. RSAT reported that
it needs to change the ACL and we allowed Windows RSAT to change the ACL
automatically.

That's it. It started working properly.

Then we left the default policies as they were (no changes),  we created
new policies as needed using Windows RSAT. All ACLs are now proper and
it is working as expected, normally.

--

Thanks & Regards,

Anantha Raghava