[Samba] migrating windows 2003 to samba4

Kris Lou klou at themusiclink.net
Thu Jul 20 23:33:32 UTC 2017

I imagine it would be something like:

   1. Build Samba 4 AD DC
   2. (build separate Samba File Server -- see best practices)
   3. Join (both) to existing 2003 AD
   4. Test, Test, Test!
   5. (repoint Client DNS/etc to Samba 4 DC)
   6. Transfer FSMO roles to Samba 4 DC
   7. Demote 2003 AD

I'd start here:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Joining_a_Samba_DC_to_an_Existing_Active_Directory