[Samba] check accounts for known bad passwords

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jul 20 22:15:57 UTC 2017

On Thu, 2017-07-20 at 23:18 +0200, mj via samba wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> You have helped me a lot lately, it is MUCH appreciated!
>
> MJ

Thanks for being willing to share the challenges you have on your
networks.

It really helps a lot to hear what our users are hurting with, and even
more when I get to hear what is working well, or what amazing scale
folks deploy Samba to, and I do love helping out our users.

I get a little sad when I'm so swamped with coding or managing that I
don't get to be helpful around here :-)

Hearing from all our users also really helps with that coding work, as
when I get customer requests asking for (say) ldap search performance
be improved, the broader real-world experience helps fill in the
blanks.

That data means we work to solve the whole problem, which is generally
what the customer was after in the first place.

BTW, 4.7 should be amazingly improved for un-indexed searches, and has
some pretty good improvements even for the indexed searches.

Andrew Bartlett