[Samba] Incompatibility Windows 7

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Jul 20 16:00:56 UTC 2017

On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 16:59:58 +0200
L.P.H. van Belle <belle at bazuin.nl> wrote:

> At 10:52 today, he posted the smb.conf as attachment, ( see below)
> Regular NT4 domain, about the same as i did run way back...
>
> Its this one, but i dont think he "base" problem is samba but windows.
> Im off, time to go, office is closing...
> Until tomorrow :-)

I don't think the OP sent his smb.conf to the list, but can I suggest
he replaces his [global] part of smb.conf with this:

[global]
        workgroup = SYSOCO
        server string = SERVEUR DE FICHIERS
        security = user
        Server max protocol = NT1

        ldap passwd sync = yes
        ldap admin dn = cn=admin,dc=sysoco,dc=fr
        ldap suffix = dc=sysoco,dc=fr
        ldap group suffix = ou=Groups
        ldap machine suffix = ou=Computers
        ldap user suffix = ou=Users
        ldap ssl = off
        idmap config SYSOCO: backend = ldap
        idmap config SYSOCO: range = 1000-10000
        idmap config SYSOCO: ldap_url = ldap://localhost
        idmap config SYSOCO: ldap_base_dn = ou=idmap,dc=sysoco,dc=fr
        idmap config SYSOCO: ldap_user_dn = cn=admin,dc=sysoco,dc=fr

        add machine script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w "%u"
        add user script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd -m "%u"
        add group script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-groupadd -p "%g"
        add user to group script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -m "%u" "%g"
        set primary group script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-usermod -g "%g" "%u"
        #delete user script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-userdel "%u"
        #delete group script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-groupdel "%g"
        delete user from group script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -x "%u" "%g"

        wins support = yes
        domain master = Yes
        preferred master = yes
        domain logons = Yes
        logon path =
        logon script = logon.cmd
        os level = 255
        name resolve order = wins hosts lmhosts bcast
        printcap name = cups
        log file = /var/log/samba.log
        log level = 2 passdb:5 auth:5
        use sendfile = yes
        aio read size = 16384
        aio write size = 16384
        vfs objects = full_audit recycle
        full_audit:priority = notice
        full_audit:facility = local5
        full_audit:success = mkdir rmdir rename unlink write open
        full_audit:failure = connect
        full_audit:prefix = %u|%I|%S

        recycle:keeptree = yes
        recycle:versions = yes
        recycle:touch = yes
        recycle:exclude = ?~$*,~$*,*.tmp,index*.pl,index*.htm*,*.temp,*.TMP
        recycle:exclude_dir=  /tmp,/temp,/cache
        recycle:repository = .recycle/.recycle.%u
        recycle:noversions = *.doc,*.xls,*.ppt
        recycle:maxsize = 524288000

I personally think he is hitting the 'Windows wants to use SMB3 by
default' problem.

I would also suggest the OP starts thinking about upgrading his
NT4-style (yes it is an NT4-style domain) to AD.

Rowland