[Samba] Incompatibility Windows 7

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Jul 20 09:17:07 UTC 2017

Hai,

I dont see strange things in your smb.conf so check the pc's as i suggested and check the eventlogs.

I do suggest that you think about moving to an AD DC setup.
Its much more compatible these days.

Your using smbldap-tools from debian, keep im mind that,
this package (smbldap-tools) can be removed anytime since it does not have a maintainer anymore.

Last, go through.
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Required_Settings_for_Samba_NT4_Domains
Which also says.:

IMPORTANT: Registry Changes That You Should Never Set!
 You must not to change the values of the RequireSignOrSeal or RequireStrongKey. Changing the settings breaks the interoperability with Windows and Samba installations.

So reverting these settings from your reg file can help also.

You can try these on the PDC/BDC and member servers.
         server max protocol = NT1
         server min protocol = NT1
         client max protocol = NT1
         client min protocol = NT1
There are reports this helps, but im not sure about this if it works for you.

Very last. Howto upgrade to AD ;-)
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Migrating_a_Samba_NT4_Domain_to_Samba_AD_(Classic_Upgrade)
The steps look overwelming, but if you have questions about this.. Rowland knows ;-)

Greetz,

Louis