[Samba] Incompatibility Windows 7

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Jul 20 07:52:32 UTC 2017

Hai,

Please give this info for us, that helps.

DOMAIN = AD DC ? NT4Dom ?
OS =
Samba version =
And smb.conf  content.

In advance.. What probely need is, disable fast logon optimization, and set Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon
See: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg486839.aspx

You can test if this is what affects you, is very simple.

Turn of your computer, turn it on again, wait 5 min or so.
This depends all on the speed of the pc, but 5 min is resonable for a slow pc.
Login, does it work? yes? Try again.
Turn of your computer, turn it on again, now, login direct when available.

Repeat these 2-3 times to make sure.
If you can login, check the windows event ids.

Still the same problem?
Start with updating you network drivers.
Set the NIC hard to 100Mb/1Gb as speed, rule out the nic autonegiation.

Check primay dns domain, through CMD box with ipconfig /all
And same for dns search domain.

Start here, and if you need more info, the please give the asked info also.
That helps.

Greetz,

Louis