[Samba] Incompatibility Windows 7

Manon JEANJEAN manon.jeanjean at sysoco.fr
Thu Jul 20 07:35:37 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

I work as an IT assistant and I have a problem with my SaMBa Server.

Some users within the domain are getting an error at startup (Windows 7) :

The error reads : There are currently no log on servers available to service
the log on request

The problem is recurring, so we are looking for a long term solution.

The only solution for now is to :
- remove the ethernet cable
- enter the local account
- once logged on, change the domain in any way
- restart the computer (with network cable) and then it works

We are using the following registry modification :

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanManWorkstation\Para
meters]

"DNSNameResolutionRequired"=dword:00000000

"DomainCompatibilityMode"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Netlogon\Parameters]

"DisablePasswordChange"=dword:00000001

"RequireSignOrSeal"=dword:00000001

"RequireStrongKey"=dword:00000001

Thank you for any help you could provide.

Best regards.

Manon JEANJEAN