[Samba] [samba] Winbindd without RFC2307 question

Emmanuel Blindauer e.blindauer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 20:27:55 UTC 2017

On 19/07/2017 16:54, mathias dufresne via samba wrote:
> Thank you both for your replies. Unfortunately I will not be able to use
> rfc2307 and then uidNumber and co until they modify their AD. It would
> perhaps be done soon but for now, no real idea.
>
> So back to Rowland's proposition to use "rid" backend rather than "ad"
> backend for idmap configuration.
> To switch from "ad" to "rid" idmap backend I just changed :
> idmap config CENTORIAL:backend = ad
> into
> idmap config CENTORIAL:backend = rid
>
> Then I reload everything with "smbcontrol all reload-config"
>
> To finally test all that with "id username" which wasn't working.
>
> I just restart the samba processes (systemctl restart blablabla) and all
> went well.
>
> Thank you again :)
>
> Have a nice day all,
>
> mathias
there is also a recent  idmap_nss which can be a solution if you have
another way to manage uidNumber while keeping cn=uid

keep a eye at all idmap backend available, perhaps one fit your needs,
the man pages are availalble:
idmap_ad           idmap_nss      idmap_script
idmap_autorid  idmap_hash     idmap_rfc2307  idmap_tdb
          idmap_ldap     idmap_rid      idmap_tdb2

Emmanuel