[Samba] Force primary group when using vfs_acl_xattr

Gionatan Danti g.danti at assyoma.it
Mon Jul 17 22:26:04 UTC 2017

Hi list,
I have a question regarding how to force the primary group id when using
the vfs_acl_xattr module.

Normally, without vfs_acl_xattr, all I need to do is to chmod g+s the
main directory/share and the normal Linux permissions do the rest: any
new file/dir will be created with the same group as the main directory.

However, when using vfs_acl_xattr, it simply does not work: child
files/dirs are created with the primary group id of the connected user.

So, I have two questions:
1) is this the intended behavior, or I am missing something?
2) it is possible, and how, to force a primary group when using
vfs_acl_xattr?

Thank you all.

--
Danti Gionatan