[Samba] samba domain member server: ntp via chrony

lists lists at merit.unu.edu
Mon Jul 17 11:39:07 UTC 2017

Hi Louis,

I am using chrony on our ceph cluster. I have no specifics on chrony in
combination with samba. In fact: our DCs / filservers are older, and
from the time when we only used NTP.

The reason we discovered chrony, is because we had continuous time-sync
problems (using ntp) on our ceph cluster. Via the ceph mailinglist we
were suggested to give chrony a try, and it worked out perfectly.

But again: if there are specific issues with chrony/samba, I don't know
them, because our DCs and fileservers are using ntp to time-sync.

Perhaps I should have stated that in my reply to the OP, sorry...

MJ