[Samba] samba-tool throws Segmentation fault since 4.6

Johannes Engel jcnengel+samba at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 18:33:14 UTC 2017

Hi all,

thanks for taking the time for an answer. Let me try to fill in the gaps:
Same error with all commands, a simple "Segmentation fault".
OS is always openSUSE Leap 42.2, packages from Open Build Service
(http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/j-engel:/openSUSE_Leap_42.2/).
Spec files for building the package are pretty much the same between 4.5
and 4.6/4.7. I tried with a fresh install without any smb.conf (Domain
provisioning), still same error. I have not tested every single command,
that's why I pointed out a few examples of commands that work and those
that don't, hoping that someone could recognize a pattern.

What else could I contribute? Python version is the same (2.7.13) as it
used to be and still works with the build of samba 4.5.

Best regards
Johannes