[Samba] Can I make uninstall?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Jul 16 13:37:55 UTC 2017

Am 16.07.2017 um 14:29 schrieb Robert Wooden via samba:
> After having compiled Samba4 from source, if needed, can I "make
> uninstall"? Has this option been included in the programming?

just use the --prefix at configure time so you can delete a single
folder and you are done or far better build a apckage at your own

rely on "make uninstall" was never a clean thing, for no software,
because "make install" does not really track the installed pieces nor in
a uniformed way

normally all the temporary build stuff is, well, temporary - and build
should not happen on prodcution machines - they shouldn't have installed
a compiler at all