[Samba] Third Try: Huge number of small files performance regression from 3.5.16 to 4.6.5 with identical smb.conf

awl1 awl1 at mnet-online.de
Fri Jul 14 19:15:25 UTC 2017

Am 14.07.2017 um 21:09 schrieb awl1:
> which sums up to roundabout 122 secs and is surprisingly similar to
> the 109 seconds from the edited/"optimised" lengthy config (about 10%
> difference from the tuning is not too bad!)...
Ouch, sorry, bad mistake: shouldn't have done the calculation in my
head, but use Excel/a calculator machine...

Sums up to only 112 seconds of course and then is truly impressive - I
admit I wouldn't notice the remaining 3 secs. difference to the "tuned"
version...

But we're still on our way down to hopefully the 25 or 30... ;-)

Sorry,
Andreas