[Samba] Client join to AD and then to NT: is it possible?

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 12:56:10 UTC 2017

Is this a "classic" samba domain or an actual domain with a Windows NT4
domain controller?

I am presuming you did the following
     Remove the client from the AD domain (change back to workgroup mode.)
     Update registry for signorseal requirements for an NT domain
     Joined the client to the NT domain.

On the server side, what is the min and max protocol (server protocol)
settings?     Windows 10 won't support SMB3 in a classic samba domain.
And in fact, I can't even get Windows 7 / Windows 2008 servers to
properly work with SMB2 enabled.        My samba servers (classic
domain) have following settings to only use SMB1 (aka NT1

         server min protocol = NT1
         server max protocol = NT1

You MIGHT also be able to set

         server min protocol = NT1