[Samba] samba-4.5.10 member server: issues around locks

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Fri Jul 14 09:07:56 UTC 2017

Am 2017-07-14 um 09:52 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger via samba:
> Am 2017-07-13 um 11:06 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger via samba:
>
>> * Is there a recommended best practice to find the correct level of
>> locking for a share? What to disable first ... etc ?
>>
>> * I run loglevel 3 and increased log file size to maybe catch such a
>> dropped connection issue.
>
> Could the change from NT1 to SMB3 be related?
>
> I test
>
> server max protocol = SMB2

Rolled that back as it seems to me that clients would have to reconnect
or reboot to accept that new max protocol.

Still searching for a fix here and found this in release notes for
samba-4.7 RC:

> The "strict sync" global parameter has been changed from
> a default of "no" to "yes". This means smbd will by default
> obey client requests to synchronize unwritten data in operating
> system buffers safely onto disk. This is a safer default setting
> for modern SMB1/2/3 clients.

right now I have "strict sync = No", would I benefit from toggling that
one maybe? Samba-4.5.10 in my case, though.