[Samba] Trouble with Kerberos authentication

Vinicius Bones Silva vbs at e-trust.com.br
Wed Jul 12 21:32:27 UTC 2017

what does klist -k /path/to/file.keytab shows?

does kinit -V5 YOURUSER at YOUDOMAIN  (yes, user and realm must be all caps) works?

Have you tested the keytab?

kinit -k -t /path/to/file.keytab -f 'host/dovecot.host at YOURDOMAIN'

if it complains about "clock skew", check you ntp settings.

you may need to change host to pop or smtp, it depends on what dovecot uses.

Also, if the domain account associated with the keytab has changed password since the
keytab was generated, you need to reissue the keytab file.

Regards.