[Samba] Trouble with Kerberos authentication

Mark Foley mfoley at ohprs.org
Tue Jul 11 21:46:10 UTC 2017

Yes, there is a keytab file used by Dovecot, and reverse DNS is set up.

I've actually been using this setup for more than a year. This is the first time I've tried to
set up a new user email account in all that time. Not a new user, but a new email account on a
new workstation.

As I've been experimenting, I've found I cannot set up a new Kerberos/GSSAPI authenticated
email client for *any* user, including those listed below as examples (mark, sue) which have
been working for well over a year with Kerberos/GSSAPI.

So, something has changed. I have not updated Dovecot since I first installed it back in 2015.
Samba and Linux modules have been routinely updated on the AD/AC since then.

Not sure where to turn to debug this. Ideas?

THX --Mark