[Samba] [3.6.6] nmbd reachable on 0.0.0.0: Safe?

Winfried codecomplete at free.fr
Sun Jul 9 12:18:29 UTC 2017

Samba - General mailing list wrote
> I would be more worried about the fact you are still using a version of
> Samba that went EOL quite some time ago ;-)

Thanks for the infos.

This is an ARM-based (Marvell Kirkwood Feroceon 88FR131) appliance that is
running Debian 7.11. "apt-get update ; apt-get upgrade" provides no more
recent release of Samba. Is there a way to force APT to install a more
recent release?  I prefer using it to manage applications.

~# cat /etc/apt/sources.list
# deb http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main

deb http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main
deb-src http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main

deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main

# wheezy-updates, previously known as 'volatile'
deb http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates main
deb-src http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates main