[Samba] 4.4.14 on solaris, using ads, can't read/write as user

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jul 4 18:46:52 UTC 2017

On Tue, 4 Jul 2017 15:26:17 -0300
francis picabia via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> I've read there can be issues with /tmp so I switched the test
> to /var/tmp
>
> One file (foo.txt) is made by the shell user, while the other
> file (doo.txt) is made by the same user connected over Samba.
>
> bash-3.2$ ls -n doo.txt
> -rwxr--r--   1 3000     3004          29 Jul  4 09:51 doo.txt
> bash-3.2$ ls -n foo.txt
> -rw-rw----   1 61001    10            39 Jul  4 09:50 foo.txt
>
> With -l they both seem to have the same user name.
>
> This doesn't happen in 3.6, which is where Solaris was only 3 patches
> back.
>
> The ID mapping seems to be the problem.
>
> The share is currently set like this:
>
> [tmp]
>   path = /var/tmp
>   public = no
>   browseable = no
>   read only = no
>   force user = %U
>

> %U is going with UID 3000  rather than 61001 we see on Samba 3.6.25 on
> Solaris.

try running this:

net cache flush

then restart samba

If that doesn't work, please post the output from this command:

cat /path/to/smb.conf

Replace '/path/to' with the path to your smb.conf

Not sure if I asked this, but what are you using as an AD DC and do
your users and groups have uidNumber or gidNumber attributes.

Rowland