[Samba] demoted DC's still arround

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jul 4 16:15:21 UTC 2017

On Tue, 4 Jul 2017 10:58:40 -0500
Robert Wooden <bob at donelsontrophy.com> wrote:

> Due to an unrelated incident I was forced to restart the DC. Further
> review sees that the "CNAME" and "NS" issues are gone.
>
> The only issue remaining is changing the "SOA" hostname to the
> current DC.
>
> Simpler suggestion than what I had asked for in the initial email.
>
> How do I change the SOA record?

OK, to add a dns record with samba-tool you need to follow this usage:

<A|AAAA|PTR|CNAME|NS|MX|SRV|TXT> <data>

Deleting a record is exactly the same , you just replace 'add' with
'delete'

So, to delete or add a SOA record, you need to use something
like this:

samba-tool dns delete 127.0.0.1 dtshrm.dt @ NS dc03.dtshrm.dt

Rowland