[Samba] Authentication issues with Samba 4.3.8

Chunduru, Krishnachaithanya Krishnachaithanya.Chunduru at broadridge.com
Mon Jul 3 16:27:12 UTC 2017

Hi  Rowland,

Thanks for the help.

Could you please let me know what would  be the passwd database if I update my smb.conf.

I have created the user locally and in samba using the steps given by you. And it seems it's working fine.

The authentication is successful, but I was wondering why it was working in earlier version without adding user in samba database.

I'm having around 100+ users/share and the authentication is share level, do I need to add all the users again in the samba database ? can you please comment on these as well. Thank you.

Regards,
Krishna