[Samba] update google password using samba password chat

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Jul 3 08:34:41 UTC 2017

On Mon, 2017-07-03 at 09:35 +0200, Johan Verdoodt via samba wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am checking out all possibilities to update  a google password when a
> user changes his/her samba password..
> I tested with  "passwd program="
> But my script /sbin/update-google  never gets executed

> The script uses GAM  to update the password ( https://github.com/jay0lee/GAM
>  )

If you are running the Samba AD DC, then for 4.5 you can use the
'samba-tool user syncpasswords' tool.
https://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.5.0.html

For Samba 4.7 you can use the new 'password hash userPassword schemes'
option to store a crypt() password when the user's password is changed,
rather than a GPG encrypted plaintext.

The 'passwd program' does not operate on the AD DC.

I hope this helps,

Andrew Bartlett