[Samba] Authentication issues with Samba 4.3.8

Chunduru, Krishnachaithanya Krishnachaithanya.Chunduru at broadridge.com
Sun Jul 2 14:19:12 UTC 2017

Hi Rowland,

Sorry I missed your previous mail.

Our servers are not having any ldap or AD for authentication. It is using tdbsam option as password database, and yes all the users and groups are stored locally in the /etc/passwd and /etc/group.

I will try removing the "encrypt password = no".

Below is the whole old smb.conf file.

bash-4.2$ cat /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf
[global]
        server string = Samba on AIX
        encrypt passwords = No
        passdb backend = tdbsam