[Samba] Samba 4.6.5 Active Directory on CentOS

John Schmerold schmerold2 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 22:12:30 UTC 2017

I am using Jeff Bales' procedure for configuring SAMBA with Active Directory
https://thingsdomakesense.wordpress.com/2017/06/06/installing-samba-4-6-5-active-directory-on-centos-7-1611/

When everything is all said & done everything seems to work, but I am
not able to configure home directories because the users don't have
local Linux accounts - I suspect I need to bind Linux's user table to
Active Directory, but cannot seem to make this happen. Any advise?

I am using this to add users:

samba-tool user create user P at ssrod4 --uid=user --uid-number=10001
--gid-number=100 --unix-home=/home/user --home-directory=/home/user
--login-shell=/bin/bash --gecos='user' --given-name=Happy --surname=User