[Samba] integrating samba with pam

Guido Lorenzutti guido at lorenzutti.com.ar
Sat Jul 1 14:48:21 UTC 2017

Hi there!

I been using samba3 with ldap for years, and now im
about to move to samba4 to leave the slapd.

I didnt try yet to migrate
the directory from samba3 to samba4. But i did setup a new domain and
everything looks ok.

My doubt is related to the configuration of the
computers with linux so that they can take advantage of the users and
passwords of ldap. But also, groups that are unix exclusive.

I didnt
find a way to create groups that in samba3 where only unix:

smbgroupadd group

(withouth the -a)

Is this possible?

Also, i
dont want to install winbind in every workstation to authenticate
against samba4. How can i configure pam_ldap and nslcd to validate my
users and groups? I did install kerberos and everything seems ok.

Tnxs
in advance.