[Samba] Finally OK: Difficulties with Windows XP: failed to find cifs/fileserver.y.z at Y.Z in keytab (arcfour-hmac-md5)

rawi only4com at web.de
Thu Jan 26 12:58:52 UTC 2017

Samba - General mailing list wrote
> I am fairly convinced it is a DNS problem and as you are using an
> unsupported DNS, well, it is your domain and you can do as you like.

Well, it is very very embarrassing, but the very old installs had a third
party firewall I didn't thought of...

After tearing it down and letting only the Windows Firewall... all went
good.

It wasn't DNS.

I have to give you right, that my DNS approach is not simpler - for a
Windows administrator.
But I do all administration directly on Linux, not with Windows tools

Regards
rawi