[Samba] Security Principals, and SID's mapping bug

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Jan 25 12:29:40 UTC 2017

Did looked up some old threads.

it started here :
Nov 2013 https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2013-November/177110.html

Then  https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2014-June/182429.html
On this link, test there shows on the DC..

root at DC2:~# wbinfo -G 3000002
S-1-5-18
root at DC2:~# wbinfo -s S-1-5-18
NT AUTHORITY+SYSTEM 5
root at DC2:~#
so it was working in 2014. that was samba 4.1.x or begin of 4.2.x

again
https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2015-November/195637.html
and there are more.

If we can track this bug down, it will make lots of people happy.
So anything i can do to helpout.

Greetz,

Louis