[Samba] hpux samba3 logon script not running

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Tue Jan 24 20:20:02 UTC 2017

Hello Arjit,

Am 24.01.2017 um 14:41 schrieb Arjit Gupta via samba:
> I am new to this and trying to check how logon script runs.
>
> But not able to do so. Though i am able to execute it later from the share
> itself.
>
> Below is my smb.conf file.
>
> [global]
>    logon script = %U.bat
> [netlogon]
>     comment = The domain logon service
>     path = /var/opt/samba/netlogon

Is the logon script available directly in the root of the "netlogon"
share? You use %U.bat, where %U is replaced with the user name (for
example "agupta.bat"). Can you please check if files for each user exist
in /var/opt/samba/netlogon/ ?

To make sure that it's not a problem of variable substitution, temporarily:
- Change "%U.bat" to "script.bat".
- Reload Samba.
- Create the file "/var/opt/samba/netlogon/script.bat" with some
content. For example:
  net use X: \\cifs\tmp
- Verify that you can execute the script by double-clicking.
- Log on and see, if the X: drive is mapped.

Regards,
Marc