[Samba] Upgrade from 3.6.9 to 3.6.23 - Lost authentication

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jan 24 09:08:03 UTC 2017

On Mon, 23 Jan 2017 17:21:34 -0500
Marco Shmerykowsky PE via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> After attempting to upgrade to version 3.6.23 I discovered
> that I was unable to authenticare against another Samba server
> running as a PDC and using winbind.
>
> Due to time constraints, I erased the samba setup and
> reinstalled version 3.6.9.  Everything went back to normal.
>
> Is this a bug or did something on the configuration side
> change?

There may have been configuration changes, you would have to read the
release notes, see here:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_3.6_Features_added/changed

If it is a bug, you have no chance of getting it fixed, 3.6.x went EOL
in 2015, see here:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_Release_Planning

Rowland