[Samba] vfs_fruit 'other' create mode different than parent

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Jan 23 19:28:39 UTC 2017

Am 23.01.2017 um 20:10 schrieb Jeremy Allison:
> On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 08:00:07PM +0100, Reindl Harald via samba wrote:

>>> well, the thing is, inheritance works as designed with fruit:nfs_aces=yes, it's
>>> just that the client changes permissions *after* the fact...
>>
>> it would be really helpful when samba would have a param to ignore
>> any permission changes from the client - each time when we have
>> access problems is because some idiotic client changed them instead
>> leave the smb server in peace with it's for good reason chosen
>> defaults
>
> Hmmm. You could do that with a VFS module that just returns
> NT_STATUS_OK for any set_nt_acl() call, but doesn't do anything
> with the incoming data :-)

that should be a core option since inherit acls / permissions in the
configuration typically has a reason: shared access and users which are
in more than one group

in case of netatalk "file perm" until now is much more than a wish -
it's what really happens (until samba is part of the game and somebody
over smbd is touching anything)