[Samba] Samba server for MacOS workgroup

Perttu Aaltonen perttu.aaltonen at mac.com
Mon Jan 23 12:39:56 UTC 2017

On 23 January 2017 at 14:05:00, samba-request at lists.samba.org (samba-request at lists.samba.org) wrote:
interesting. I just tested today the same operation via a different protocol
(AFP) and against macOS AFP server and got a similar issue (error -43 in
Finder).

There may be something wrong with the client atm. You could test against macOS
SMB server and if it's broken there as well, report this to Apple:
<https://bugreport.apple.com/>

Cheerio!
-slow
There was a bug in Yosemite SMB server where duplication didn’t work. It was fixed in El Capitan SMB server. So if there is a similar problem with Samba, it could probably be fixed now that it has been resolved on macOS side.

I got a reply to my bug report, that there was a bug in SMB server that affected signing of “server-side copy” replies. Signing requirement in 10.11.6 made the bug visible.

I’m not sure if this is the same issue though, if it affects AFP too.

-Perttu