[Samba] Samba server for MacOS workgroup

Ralph Böhme slow at samba.org
Sun Jan 22 16:39:50 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 04:17:02PM +0300, IT via samba wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with MacOS client on Samba4.4 server.
>
> I put  the  folder  with set of small test files on samba volume,
> Open folder by MacOS Finder,
> select files Cmd+A,
> and duplicate Cmd+C Cmd+V
>
> Error 8058 appeared in Finder after some files copied.
> "The  operation  can't  be  completed because unexpected error occurred
> (error code -8058)"

interesting. I just tested today the same operation via a different protocol
(AFP) and against macOS AFP server and got a similar issue (error -43 in
Finder).

There may be something wrong with the client atm. You could test against macOS
SMB server and if it's broken there as well, report this to Apple:
<https://bugreport.apple.com/>

Cheerio!
-slow