[Samba] Bug 12518 - smbclient -c 'cd <dir>; ls' for DFS generates STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER

Aurélien Aptel aaptel at suse.com
Thu Jan 19 13:50:11 UTC 2017

"Tompkins, Michael via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org> writes:
> Wireshark trace gives a STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER when running
> smbclient -c 'cd <dir>;ls' as a standalone program. This is a customer
> issue. We cannot recreate this issue so we're looking for why this may
> be happening. From the trace you'll see multiple sessions with
> smbclient, but the last one is the offending one.

The errors comes up twice in the trace, for the same reasons. It seems
smbclient is trying to open the file "" (zero-length path).

Can the customer reproduce this everytime he runs the command?
Can you provide the output of the failing command with full debug
messages (-d10)?

Does it also happen with "smbclient -D <dir> -c ls"?

--
Aurélien Aptel / SUSE Labs Samba Team
GPG: 1839 CB5F 9F5B FB9B AA97  8C99 03C8 A49B 521B D5D3