[Samba] Problems with bind9_dlz when rndc is reloaded

Mark Nienberg mnlists at tippingstructural.com
Thu Jan 12 20:09:54 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 2:39 PM, Roger Lovato via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> I'm facing a problems with samba4 + bind9_dlz that consuming my time for
> several days.
>

> Everything is working fine until samba4 need to update dns when I'm work
> with more than one DC server. When samba (or bind) need to reload all
> zones, the module bind9_dlz is shutting down and then all my environment
> stops and I need to restart the bind to up again.

Here is a related issue (I think) that might shed some light. I am using
CentOS 7.3 and samba 4.4.5. Dynamic registration of workstation addresses
would work for a while and then stop working. I finally realized it stopped
working after log rotation. The CentOS logrotate for named runs the
following command after rotating the log file.

systemctl reload named.service

I disabled the rotation for named and now my dynamic updates don't break.
So I think you are right that the "reload" breaks something. "Restart"
works fine.